Challenge Readers: 300 - 600 Total Words
Choose to Dare - Whole Class Topic Research and Thinking Skills
Throughout history people have made decisions to challenge themselves to achieve remarkable feats of daring. These five books describe the daring achievements of Maria Spelterini, still the only woman to walk a tightrope across the Niagara falls, Trudi Ederle who swam the English Channel in a record time at the age of 20, Amelia Earhart, pioneer of the flying industry, Lily Parr who scored over 960 football goals and Junko Tabei who hated PE as a child and fell in love with mountain climbing.
This box contains 30 x books for classroom reading, with 6 x copies of each title.
1 x Pre-teach Activities resource booklet
1 x Reading Comprehension Skills resource booklet
1 x USB Stick (containing printable versions of Pre-teach Activities and Reading Comprehension Skills resources)
1 x Information for Teachers guide
The 5 x titles include:
1. Maria Spelterini: The Tightrope Walker of Niagara
2. Amelia Earhart: The Queen of the Air
3. Junko Tabei: The Free Spirit of the Mountains
4. Lily Parr: The Most Brilliant Female Footballer in the World
5. Gertrude (Trudy) Ederle: Swimming the English Channel